Johnstonebridge Primary School Needs You!

The School and the Community of Johnstonebridge Primary School is situated in the mainly rural parish of Johnstonebridge with open outlooks to the surrounding countryside, and is closely situated to the M74. Originally named Johnstone Parish School, it has a long history in the community, and can be dated back to 1863 through the school log book. There were several small schools in this area at one time, including Goodhope, Cogrieburn and Wamphray. Our catchment area was extended to include much of the Wamphray area after the school closed in 2005. The original Victorian building was extended during the 1950s to offer additional accommodation, including the kitchen. The building therefore has two distinct sections, joined by a link corridor. The school has two spacious classrooms with a large general purpose room, mainly used as a dining room/quiet working area, and a multi-purpose room used for Physical Education. The enclosed playground is an attractive feature of the school and houses a spacious tarmac area, a multi use games area (muga) which has replaced our small grass football pitch, an open shelter and a memorial garden. There is also an orchard area used for our outdoor curriculum and several quiet areas

Close Menu